Saturday, October 8, 2016

Jody's Story~

-->

A father and daughter race team make history at Bonneville.
During the 8th Annual BUB Bonneville Speed Trials Jody Perewitz became the first woman to break the 200 MPH barrier on an American V-Twin in 2012. 



From the day I was born to today, I have been around motorcycles. Some say that it is in my blood. I eat, sleep and breathe two wheels. With that being said, I have also been around tattoos, I suppose they go hand in hand or at least did in the 80s. 


 
My father has always had a lot of tattoos and I always viewed them as artwork. It's art that you carry with you everyday. 




In Jody's Words~
When I was old enough to get a tattoo, the minute I turned 18, my friend and I went to the tattoo parlor. From that moment on I was addicted. They started off small and not so unique--a butterfly, ladybug, lizard, the common things. My artists are in St. Paul Minnesota at Acme Tattoo, Nolan and Gabe. I have known them my whole life and they do artwork for my father as well. Nolan has tattooed all over the world and is very well known in his field. I am honored to say that I have a full sleeve from him. 


-->
I have very much progressed from the tattoos “off the wall.” My right arm is all uniquely drawn for me. Japanese artwork is one of Nolan's specialties. The Foo Dog is thought of as being a guardian and protector. Why not have a little extra protection? 



-->
My sleeve started off with the female on my upper arm and eventually progressed to a male and two babies. I have a Foo family! 








I am in the process of having a left sleeve as well. Gabe, who is Nolan's apprentice, is working on the left. I have a beautiful female, an owl for my nana, and my favorite is the name Perewitz on the underside of my arm. I am and always will be a Perewitz! 



-->
Another tattoo that I love is my hand. It is a sign of commitment. When I got it, my dad said, “Wow Jod, that’s a big commitment.” 

When you have many visible tattoo's you’ll be noticed or recognized. I think that many people know I am who I am because of my tattoos... your weight, hair, or look can all change, but you can't hide tattoos! I am a living moving piece of art and I love it!!


See Jody in an interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment